- All members must present their card at the front desk each time they visit.
- Members shall give notice to the club of any change of status (address, billing information, etc). See our friendly service desk staff during office hours to do this.
- Cancellations need a 30-day written notice in person or sent by registered mail.
- Damage to club property shall be paid for by any member who willfully or neglectfully causes such damage. Members are responsible for damage incurred by dependent children.
- All members and guests use the club at their own risk. All club amenities (sauna, whirlpool, weight room, etc.) must be used in accordance with posted or published instructions visible in these areas. All members are encouraged to have a physical examination to determine present health before strenuous activity is commenced.
- Proper attire is always expected while in the club or on the premises. Sleeveless shirts that show nipples are not permitted. Sports bras must have shirt over them. Proper attire is determined solely by management.
- “Milk Jug” style water bottles are not permitted in the facility.
- Smoking will not be permitted anywhere in the facility. Lungs are at work here!
- The club is not responsible for lost or stolen items or any valuables left in the lockers while members are using the facilities.
- Under no circumstances will glass bottles be permitted to be brought into the club from outside.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. For more information on dependent children, please refer to the Nursery and Children’s Policy.
- Clarksville Athletic Club reserves the right to immediately terminate any agreement upon a violation of any said guidelines by member without any advance notice to member.
- On all questions concerning these guidelines, the decision of the management shall be final. Amendments to these rules may be made from time to time, as conditions warrant.
Change of Membership
- Members shall be able to change their membership classification at any time with the appropriate fee adjustment to whatever the current membership fee is at the time of the change. A membership under agreement can be changed only once during the agreement period and the change is made for the remainder of that agreement period. If the membership is no longer under agreement, a new one-year agreement must be signed.
CAC Orientation and One-On-One Programs
- Each new member of the Clarksville Athletic Club will be scheduled to set up an appointment for a Health Assessment and Equipment Orientation.
- At the orientation, the fitness trainer will assess your present physical condition. Among things assessed are resting heart rate and blood pressure.
- The orientation will also explain the club layout, machine adjustments, and basic weight training movements.
- The fitness trainer will provide you with information regarding safe cardiovascular machine usage and different programs available at the club.
- The Health Assessment Questionnaire will be completed and turned in at the beginning of the Orientation, so please be on time.
- An orientation is approximately 45 minutes in length and is usually done in a small group of no more than 8 people.
- One-on-One Programs: For more individualized instruction with a fitness trainer. To be eligible, members must have already completed an orientation. The objective of a one-on-one program is to design a unique exercise program based on each member’s fitness and body composition goals. During the program, the trainer will demonstrate the correct methods of doing prescribed exercises and help determine the appropriate machine settings. In addition, the trainer will provide information regarding nutrition and exercise myths. When you come for your on-on-one program, please: Wear shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes, Do not eat a large meal 2 hours prior to the appointment., Please DO NOT exercise before the appointment., Please call as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule.
- Members are encouraged to set up an appointment with a fitness trainer once every 6-8 weeks to monitor progress.
- Members are free to use any piece of cardiovascular equipment. Stepmills are the only cardio machines required for sign up. Please see our service desk staff for locations of the signup sheets. Members are able to sign up on the hour and half-hour. Make sure to sign-up for a time slot or you can be bumped from the machine. You must sign yourself up while working out at the club. If you are more than 5 minutes late for the machine, you may lose your time slot. Time is determined by the clock in the cardio area.
- Children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the cardio area under any circumstances. Children between10-13 must be set up on a fitness program designed by a staff trainer and be directly supervised by an adult over the age of 18.
Strength Training Area
- The use of chalk is prohibited as it can be a potential hazard for slipping or falling.
- Please be considerate of members with lesser strength and re-stack weight when you are finished.
- No bags are permitted in the strength training areas. Complimentary daily-use lockers are provided to keep your belongings safe.
- No profanity or unusually loud swearing or grunting.
- No children under 10 allowed in the circuit and free weight areas under any circumstances. Children between 10 -13 must be set up on a fitness program by a staff trainer. Because of their smaller stature, some machines may not be appropriate. Children 10-13 must also be directly supervised by an adult over the age of 18.
- Pool Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri 5:30 am to 9:30 pm
Sat 8:00 am to 7:30 pm
Sun 12:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Coolers are not permitted.
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the pool area.
- No running shoes or horseplay is allowed.
- Shoes, shirt, and cover-ups must be worn inside the club at all times.
- Children under the age of 14 must be under direct supervision by an adult over the age of 18 at all times while in the club pool area. This also applies to the whirlpool area.
- Floats are allowed in the pools. Club management reserves the right to remove these floats if they become a problem or a danger to other swimmers.
- CAC does not encourage swimming alone.
- Swim lanes are for laps only.
- Open court reservation times may be made no earlier than three days in advance. Court time is for one hour, with courts available on the hour and the half-hour.
- When making a reservation, a member must give his/her name and the name of the guest or member who will be sharing the court.
- You may play unlimited non-prime-time hours as the courts are available and still reserve on hour of prime-time each day per membership. Additional hours in prime-time may be played only if the courts are open, not by reservation. One hour of prime time is defined as 1/2 hour for one family member and 1/2 hour for another family member. If a husband is playing with someone in prime-time and the wife is playing someone else in prime-time, they count as 1/2 hour each.
Mon – Fri Sat & Sun
Non prime-time 6:00 am – 4:30 pm 5:00 pm til close
Prime-time 4:30 pm til close Open til 5:00
- Members who do not cancel their court reservation will automatically be assessed a $5:00 fee on their membership card which must be paid before the next reservation.
- Players and their partners may not reserve the courts for two consecutive periods.
- One member may not reserve a court for another person.
- Eye guards are STRONGLY recommended. Playing without them is at your own risk.
- No wooden racquets are allowed. Metal racquets must have head bumpers.
- Non-marking shoes only. The use of Black Z or other problem balls are not permitted.
- Courts shall be vacated promptly on the hour and half-hour.
- Profanity and unusually loud yelling is not permitted. (The courts are like echo chambers, and the sound carries into our lobby to the ears of guests, children, and adults who may be offended. Striking the court walls intentionally or in anger is also not permitted. If behavior persists, you may be asked to discontinue play and may lose playing privileges.)
- Court 1 is available for open play at all times.
- During league play, the racquetball courts may be reserved for league players by the Racquetball Director.
Nursery and Children’s Policy
- Clarksville Athletic Club is a family club, and while we encourage a variety of ages in our programs, it is expected that everyone using the club will conduct themselves in a responsible manner. The Nursery area is monitored and recorded 24 hours by a surveillance camera.
- The nursery is provided for children from 6 weeks through 6 years old when one or both parents are in the club.
- All children must be signed in and signed out of the nursery by an adult with the proper photo ID card. There will be absolutely no admittance of a child without a photo ID card or computer photo imaging.
- Nursery time is limited to two hours per day – this is ample time for a workout and a shower. There is a 9-hour per week time limitation imposed by the State of Tennessee.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the nursery.
- Sick children are not permitted in the nursery (fever within the past 24 hours).
- Please notify immediately if any child has been exposed to a contagious disease (e.g. chicken pox)
- All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult when using the facilities in the club.
- Children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the cardiovascular area, the circuit training area, or the free weight room.
- Children between the ages of 10-14 must be set up on a family fitness program by a staff trainer and must be working out under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Children over the age of 14 may work out alone.
- Children may not be left unattended in the lounge area. Beer is served in this area, leaving it in an inappropriate area for unattended children.
- Boys over 5 years old are not permitted in the ladies’ locker room, and girls over 5 years are not permitted in the Men’s locker room.
- You are responsible for your children. Any child that is not properly supervised within the club will be asked to return to the nursery or to the parent.